My photo
Immovably fascinated by the world; it's properties, people, conditions, sensations, irony,
and all the amazing moments which, whether by enlightenment or scarring, bring about permanent change.

Friday, September 17, 2010

hitch



I adore all his movies, so I rented Alfred Hitchcock presents.
So many good episodes...
Mostly Hitch is cracking me up!
He's so morbidly funny, I love it.




Here are some of his words...


"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible."


"Give them pleasure -
the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare."


"I am scared easily, here is a list of my adrenaline - production:
1: small children,
2: policemen,
3: high places,
4: that my next movie will not be as good as the last one."


"If it's a good movie, the sound could go off
and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on."


"In films murders are always very clean.
I show how difficult it is and what a messy thing it is to kill a man."


"My good luck in life was to be a really frightened person.
I'm fortunate to be a coward, to have a low threshold of fear,
because a hero couldn't make a good suspense film."




"Television is like the American toaster,
you push the button and the same thing pops up everytime."


"The more successful the villain, the more successful the picture."


"The only way to get rid of my fears is to make films about them."


"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog for