My photo
Immovably fascinated by the world; it's properties, people, conditions, sensations, irony,
and all the amazing moments which, whether by enlightenment or scarring, bring about permanent change.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Hash browns, hash browns, you know I can't be late."

I'm trying to continue my new habit of rising early in the morning,
after having spent the majority of my life waking up late in a mad rush.

I'm on a breakfast kick.
A vegan breakfast can be tricky, but I enjoy it immensely.

I can't decide whether hash browns are better in the morning or late at night.




Hash browns or hashed browns are a simple potato preparation
in which potato pieces are pan-fried after being shredded, julienned, diced, or riced.
Often they are pressed with a potato ricer to remove moisture for a crispier texture.



Home fries -



AKA country style or cottage fries, made by pan or skillet frying
diced, chunked, wedged or sliced potatoes (sometimes unpeeled) that have been par-cooked
(boiling, baking, steaming, or microwaving the potatoes before frying,
so they have a crisp exterior and fluffy interior).
Without par-cooking the potatoes, these are technically raw fries.



Potatoes O'Brien -



adding chopped onions and green/red bell peppers.
claimed to originate from a Boston restaurant known as Jerome's
and a Manhattan restaurant known as Jack's in the early 1900s.



Lyonnaise potatoes -



sliced potatoes and sliced onions sautéed together with seasonings.
"Lyonnaise" means "from Lyon", or "Lyon-style", after the French city of Lyon.



(thank you wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog for