My photo
Immovably fascinated by the world; it's properties, people, conditions, sensations, irony,
and all the amazing moments which, whether by enlightenment or scarring, bring about permanent change.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

positively 4th street

lyrics by bob dylan


you got a lot of nerve to say you are my friend.
when I was down, you just stood there grinning.

you got a lot of nerve to say you got a helping hand to lend.
you just want to be on the side that’s winning.

you say I let you down, you know it’s not like that.
if you’re so hurt, why then don’t you show it?

you say you lost your faith, but that’s not where it’s at.
you had no faith to lose, and you know it.

i know the reason that you talk behind my back.
i used to be among the crowd you’re in with.

do you take me for such a fool to think I’d make contact,
with the one who tries to hide what he don’t know to begin with?

you see me on the street, you always act surprised.
you say, “how are you?” “good luck”, but you don’t mean it.

when you know as well as me, you’d rather see me paralyzed
why don’t you just come out once and scream it?

no, I do not feel that good when I see the heartbreaks you embrace.
if I was a master thief, perhaps I’d rob them.

and now I know you’re dissatisfied with your position and your place.
don’t you understand, it’s not my problem?

i wish that for just one time, you could stand inside my shoes
and just for that one moment, i could be you.

yes, I wish that for just one time, you could stand inside my shoes
you’d know what a drag it is to see you.


[this is how i felt in new york. the history all around.
(cool photo from: http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/zimmerman/Interesting)]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog for