My photo
Immovably fascinated by the world; it's properties, people, conditions, sensations, irony,
and all the amazing moments which, whether by enlightenment or scarring, bring about permanent change.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

more rat pack bits



"A man is not complete until he has seen the baby he has made." -sammy

"Being a star has made it possible for me to get insulted
in places where the average Negro could never hope to go and get insulted." -sammy



"Everything Michael Jackson does on stage is exactly right." -sammy


(burt boyar, photo by sammy)

"I didn't hate being 60 as much as I had 50." -sammy



"I don't have many easy songs." -sammy

"Reality is never as bad as a nightmare,
as the mental tortures we inflict on ourselves." -sammy


(photo by sammy)

"Sober up, and you see and hear everything you'd been able to avoid hearing before."
-sammy



"The ultimate mystery is one's own self." -sammy


(peter o'toole, photo by samme)

"There are certain romances that belong in certain cities,
in a certain atmosphere,
in a certain time." -sammy

"When you lose a lover, it's like getting a bad haircut; it grows back in time."
-sammy



"You don't swing where you sleep." -sammy

"The best revenge is massive success." -frank



"Everybody thought I was big-headed and stuck up, and I wasn't.
It was because I didn't know how to speak good English,
so I used to keep my mouth shut." -dean

"I can`t stand an actor or actress who tells me acting is hard work.It`s easy work.
Anyone who says it isn`t never had to stand on his feet all day dealing blackjack."
-dean



"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day."
-dean

"I once shook hands with Pat Boone
and my whole right side sobered up." -dean

"There's a statue of Jimmy Stewart in the Hollywood Wax Museum,
and the statue talks better than he does." -dean

"Do I look all blurry to you?
'Cause you look blurry to me!" -dean

"Milton Berle is an inspiration to every young person
that wants to get into show business.
Hard work, perseverance, and discipline:
all the things you need...when you have no talent." -dean

"Most people think of Joey Bishop as just a replacement for Johnny Carson.
That`s NOT true. We in show business know better: we don`t think of him at ALL."
-dean

"As a young boy, Bob (Hope) didn`t have much to say.
He couldn`t afford writers then." -dean


---
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/f/frank_sinatra.html#ixzz1qFrgoRLN
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/sammy_davis_jr.html#ixzz1qFnf6agg
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/dean_martin.html
http://coolnessistimeless.blogspot.com/2009/03/dean-martin-quotes-from-man-himself.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=rat+pack+gallery&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=p95oT4rtMevPiAKWic3XBg&ved=0CEEQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=850
http://www.askmen.com/galleries/the-rat-pack/picture-1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog for