My photo
Immovably fascinated by the world; it's properties, people, conditions, sensations, irony,
and all the amazing moments which, whether by enlightenment or scarring, bring about permanent change.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

nectar of venus

I made the best fricking caramel sauce ever!
Then I drizzled it over the tops of fresh bakes vegan pumpkin pecan muffins.

They are XXX good. All gooey and orgasmic.
Don't they look sexy and satisfied?





The basic recipe is in julia's cookbook.

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water

simmer, swirling around sauce pan until clear.
cover and boil until thick and dark brown.
swirl until light brown.
cool pan in cold water.

warm up again.
stir in 1cup heavy cream
(for which i substituted with whipped 1/4 cup butter + 3/4 cup soymilk)
cool while stirring
add 2tsp vanilla
and 2dashes salt.

Ssssoooooooooo good.
I couldnt stop laughing and saying "mmmmm!"
I'm calling the sauce Nectar of Venus.

I've got a cup of it in the fridge.
I'll pop it in the oven to melt it.
Can't wait to try it on raspberry sorbet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog for