My photo
Immovably fascinated by the world; it's properties, people, conditions, sensations, irony,
and all the amazing moments which, whether by enlightenment or scarring, bring about permanent change.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bonnie & Clyde

I rented a Gainsbourg cd from the library, and heard this song;


It sparked something in me.
I was surprised I've never read up on these depression-era outlaws before...
pretty interesting stuff.

I read this;


found some photos of this good-looking, well-dressed pair...



They met over hot chocolate.
Some say she was making it for a mutual friend when Clyde came over.
Others say hot chocolate was Clyde's specialty.





Bonnie had a pet rabbit (meant to give to her mom)
named Sonny Boy who lived in their car.



Clyde Barrow -







Bonnie Parker -



She was charming, well read, film obsessed, and wrote poetry.




Her favorite food was red beans and rice.
Because their phones were taps,
her family would communicate in code over the line.
If her mom said "I've got some red beans and rice on the stove",
it would mean; there's going to be a meetup with Bonnie soon.



"Tell them I don't smoke cigars."
(in this infamous photo, she's kiddin around)

she smoked camels;



She was married to another man,
and was still wearing their wedding ring when she died.



She had two requests for her mother;
to be buried next to Clyde, and not to say anything bad about him.
Neither was carried out.

Can't wait to see this movie -





Faye won an oscar for this.



It was Gene Hackman's big break.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog for