My photo
Immovably fascinated by the world; it's properties, people, conditions, sensations, irony,
and all the amazing moments which, whether by enlightenment or scarring, bring about permanent change.

Friday, October 5, 2012

wolfgang

wolfgang amadeus motzart quotes ~

"Neither a lofty degree of intelligence, nor imagination, nor both together go to the making of genius.
Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius."

"I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame.
I simply follow my own feelings."

"...Passions, whether violent or not,
should never be so expressed as to reach the point of causing disgust..."

"When I am traveling in a carriage, or walking after a good meal,
or during the night when I cannot sleep;
it is on such occasions that ideas flow best and most abundantly."


---


Amadeus (the 1984 film) ~

 





"In a play if more than one person speaks at the same time, it's just noise,
no one can understand a word.
But with opera, with music... with music you can have twenty individuals all talking at the same time,
and it's not noise, it's a perfect harmony!"



"They say I have to rewrite the opera.
But it's perfect as it is!
I can't rewrite what's perfect!"





"Here. It's all right here in my noodle.
The rest is just scribbling.
Scribbling and bibbling, bibbling and scribbling."



"All I wanted was to sing to God. He gave me that longing...
and then made me mute. Why? Tell me that.
If He didn't want me to praise him with music,
why implant the desire? Like a lust in my body!
And then deny me the talent?"
- Salieri




"I speak for all mediocrities in the world.
I am their champion.
I am their patron saint.
Mediocrities everywhere... I absolve you... I absolve you all."
- Salieri



---
google images, and:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086879/quotes
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/wolfgang_amadeus_mozart.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog for