My photo
Immovably fascinated by the world; it's properties, people, conditions, sensations, irony,
and all the amazing moments which, whether by enlightenment or scarring, bring about permanent change.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Kim Novak



"For every answer, I like to bring up a question...
...I think life should be that way."



"I began losing confidence in my instincts,
which is tough and very bad for an instinctive person."



"I didn't want to start relying on what someone else thought was right.
It was easier to go away all together."



"It means nothing if the movie doesn't get out there."



"Just touching that old tree was truly moving to me
because when you touch these trees,
you have such a sense of the passage of time, of history.
It's like you're touching the essence, the very substance of life."




"If you want to live on the edge of life, you need to be flexible."


---

A Train Makes me Lonely
by Kim Novak, 1950

A train makes me lonely
If you know what I mean—
I've longed so long for what I've not seen,
To go and to go and to be oh to be
The ideal girl but I am not she,
To travel and learn, to live and to earn,
To love and be loved when it came my turn.
So I traveled nay learned,
I lived and nay earned,
I loved and got burned
And I still never learned,
I long now to go
To where I know not
To go and to go
And to find a fresh plot
Where all is so new
All over I'd start.
But this time I promise
I play it smart.
I'd proud board the train
That's not the express.
The worth not the price
Would be more and not less.
But every stop I'd get out and see
And maybe I'd find the right home for me.
And somewhere out there
He'd hear my plea
Bring me his love and then marry me.
Oh marry me, please marry me
Please bring me your love and then marry me.
A train makes me lonely,
Oh now can't you see?
For I've not the price
For the trip nor the plea.


---


http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/k/kim_novak.html
http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0001571/quotes
and, of course, good ol google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog for