My photo
Immovably fascinated by the world; it's properties, people, conditions, sensations, irony,
and all the amazing moments which, whether by enlightenment or scarring, bring about permanent change.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

James McAvoy



James Andrew McAvoy

nicknames: Jamesy Boy, Jimmy, Floyd

5' 7"

born April 21st, 1979 in Port Glasgow, Scotland
moved to London at the age of 20.



married 10/18/06 to actress Anne-Marie Duff.
their child, Brendan, born 2010 in London.



favorite director is Ken Loach
favorite film The Goonies









His fans refer to themselves as "McAvoyeurs" (?!heh)




quotes ...

"Technically actors are just public servants really.
They just tell stories because people need to be told stories.
That's all it is.
And yet we get treated as though we're important."

"I considered becoming a priest very seriously.
I wanted to travel the world.
By the time I turned 16, I realized I was only in it for selfish reasons.
And, more importantly, I didn't want to sacrifice the ladies!"

"I'd like to keep work work and life life.
It means you've got your life to come back to,
somewhere to come home to at night that isn't invaded by your day."

"St. Elmo's Fire is one of my favorite films.
I like the storytelling of those teenage American films.
You don't get that now.
Teenage American movies are all about sick jokes, puking a lot, arse jokes."

"The minute you start to strategize too much,
the more you start to think you're in control of your own fate.
And you're not, really."

What should an actor should never do?
"Read reviews.
You just try and do your job and not worry about what people say,
because ultimately it can only affect what you do in a negative way.
It can only make you a worse actor."

"Next year, if no one gives me any work, that's fine.
I'm not going to do well anyway.
I'm not an actor, I'm just exploiting this industry."
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog for