My photo
Immovably fascinated by the world; it's properties, people, conditions, sensations, irony,
and all the amazing moments which, whether by enlightenment or scarring, bring about permanent change.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

more GTC tidbits...

(...to go with my previous post here.)


"You can't demand freedom of speech
and then say, but don't say bad things about me.
You gotta be a grown-up and take your hits."



"It is not merely your right but your duty to question your government."

When the pro-war lobby fought back he was initially unnerved.
"I remember when they were picketing the movie theatre for me
and I called my dad and said, 'Er, so, am I in trouble?'
And he's like, 'Shut up. Mohammed Ali went to prison for protesting against Vietnam,
and you're worried about making a little bit less money? Grow up. Be a man.'"



"You need to have flopped quite a few times to get a sense of how little any of it has to do with you."



"I told them (AARP) they should do ‘The Sexiest Man Still Alive.’”

“As you get older, you start to simplify things in general.
You have some idea of who your friends are, at least.”



On pranks: “You set a bit of a trap and then you watch it slowly unfold.
I’ve had ones that have taken years,”


“I took a painting out of the trash once,
and I put it up on an easel in my house and got some paints,
and I convinced one of my best friends, Richard Kind, that I was painting.
I bought some other pictures, I told him I was studying art.
And then for his 40th birthday I gave him this horrible painting.
He had to hang it on his wall, [it was by] his best friend!
And for years people would come over
— everyone else knew it was out of the trash —
and go, ‘That is a beautiful painting.’
And he was convinced by the end that it was a beautiful painting.
Until I did The Tonight Show, I think, and told the story
and then I told him to watch the show.
And he said, ‘I hate that painting.’”



Matt Damon visited George's villa in Italy.
At the time Damon was trying to lose the 30lbs he gained for The Informant,
and was working out in the gym twice a day and eating nothing but small salads.
So Clooney employed a woman to surreptitiously take in the waistband of all Damon’s trousers
every day by an eighth of an inch.
“He couldn’t understand how he seemed to be gaining weight while he was trying so hard to lose it."
recalled Clooney with a laugh.







http://www.gossipcop.com/george-clooney-parade-interview-september-2011-aarp-0-prank/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/6346628/George-Clooney-interview.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog for